3 large vine-ripened Zucchini’s.
Zucchinis need little introduction but let’s take a deep dive into the nutritional value of this kitchen staple. Zucchinis are packed with healthy nutrients including:
- Vitamins A, K, C and E
- Multiple B Vitamins such as Folate, Choline, Niacin, and Thiamine
- Magnesium, Phosphorus, Copper, Iron, Calcium, Zinc and Selenium
- High in Antioxidants
- High in Fibre
- Low in Calories
- Great for Heart Health, Bone Density, Eyesight, Digestion, Thyroid Function, Controlling Blood Sugar and Boosting Immunity. Here are some ideas to get more Zucchini into your diet:
- Slice up and add to almost any cooked meal
- Our favourite use for Zucchini is to make Zoodles for use as a Low-Carb pasta and rice alternative. Use a mandolin slicer or knife to cut long, thin, strips of Zucchini, season with salt and pepper and lightly fry in olive oil. These Zoodles can replace any noodle, pasta or rice for a healthy, low carb, herbicide free alternative. This recipe works best on very large zucchini’s or even Marrows which are very large zucchini’s that have been left on the vine for a long time.
- Add shredded whole Zucchini to bulk up your favourite Curry, Soups, Stew or Pasta Sauce.