1 x Bunch of Celery
Celery needs no introduction to most people however it is worth noting that it is one of the more heavily sprayed vegetables in Chemical Agriculture with most testing of off the shelf Celery returning residues of one or more Biocides (Life Killers) such as Herbicide or Pesticide.
Celery is a crop where eating Organic is very important. Our Celery is a deeper green than most and is delicious.
Celery can contain the following nutritional and health benefits:
- Vitamin’s K, A and C
- Folate and Riboflavin
- Potassium, Manganese, Calcium and Magnesium
- High in Fibre and Electrolytes
- May Help Lower High Cholesterol and Blood Sugar
- Reduces Inflammation
- Assists in Preventing or Treating Hypertension
- Assists in Preventing Ulcers
- Protects Liver Health
- Supports Digestion and Reduces Bloating
- Contains Antimicrobial Properties that Fight Infections
- Assists in Preventing Urinary Tract Infections
- May Have Anti-Cancer Effects
Here are some ideas to get more Celery into your diet:
- Chopped Celery along with Onions, Carrots and Garlic form the base of almost every cooked meal, in French Cooking this is called a “Mirepoix”
- Slice thin strips to use with your favourite dip and replace biscuits or chips
- Cut small sections and fill with Peanut Butter for a nutritious snack
- Save your leaves and stems to use when making Chicken or Beef Stock
Order you Celery today.
There are no reviews yet.