1 x Large Bunch of Red Russian Kale.
Most people are at least familiar with Kale these days it comes in many varieties and we have chosen to grow Red Russian Kale due to its superior flavour and visual appeal. Kale is leafy-green vegetable from the Brassica family which also includes, Bok Choi, Broccoli, Cauliflower and Cabbage amongst many others.
We can sound like a broken record but Kale is yet another nutritional superstar containing the following nutritional and health benefits:
- Vitamin’s A, K, C and B6
- Manganese, Copper, Calcium, Potassium, Iron, Magnesium and Phosphorous
- Thiamine, Riboflavin and Folate
- Smaller amounts of niacin, zinc, pantothenic acid and selenium
- Fights Inflammation
- Rich in Antioxidants
- Aids in Detoxification
- Supports Heart Health
- Promotes Healthy Fetal Development
- Decreases Cancer Cell Growth
- Enhances Eye Health
While not commonly available in all Supermarkets, this mildly bitter vegetable can be used in many different dishes including:
- Combine with Bok Choi to bulk out the greens in your Stir Fry or Curry
- Add to your favourite Soup, Stew or Pasta Sauce
- Make Kale Chips. Cut Kale into small slices, drizzle on some olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper and massage into leaves. Spread out on a baking tray and bake at 180 degrees for 10 minutes until crisp but not burnt
- Thinly shred into a salad
- Saute’ with Garlic in olive or coconut oil and serve as a side dish with steak and mash potatoes.
Kale grows and tastes best in cooler weather and as such is a seasonal vegetable in our Market Garden. Order you Kale today
There are no reviews yet.