1 x Large bunch of freshly harvested Organic Coriander.
Coriander is a small green herb that looks quite similar to flat leaf Parsley. In Australia we generally use Coriander to describe the herb (fresh leaves) and the ground seeds as a spice while other countries use the term Cilantro to describe the leaves. Coriander is used extensively in Indian foods and in fact in most Asian cooking in general, it is also used in Mexican dished like tacos. It has a unique flavour and has the ability to transform a meal into something special. More than just a garnish Coriander, like all herbs, should be used and eaten in larger quantities than most people tend to serve so we encourage customers to use more than you might think per person. Here is the best part, Coriander is a very potent natural healer both in nutritional profile and its ability to detox the body. Coriander contains:
- Vitamins K, A, C and E
- Calcium, Iron, Phosphorous and Potassium
- Assists the body rid itself of heavy metals such as Arsenic, Cadmium, Lead, Aluminium and Mercury (Most people have at least one of these accumulating in their bodies)
- Protects against oxidative stress
- Reduces Anxiety
- Lowers Blood Sugar
- Supports Heart Health
- Reduces Urinary Tract Infections
- Settles an upset stomach
- Protects against Food Poisoning
- Protects against Colon Cancer
- Can be used to soothe skin irritations
Here are some ideas to get more Coriander into your diet:
- Add a good amount of freshly chopped leaves on top of each bowl when serving your favourite Curry or Stir Fry
- Use fresh chopped leaves in addition to lettuce in Tacos
- Add leaves to boost your home made Guacamole
- Use instead of Basil for an alternative in making Pesto. Extra tip freeze your pesto in silicon muffin trays then bag them up in the freezer so you can add to your cooking on demand.
- Coriander pairs very well with Lime Juice in most dishes
There are no reviews yet.