500g bag of freshly harvested Organic Green Beans.
I must admit that I learnt a lot researching the nutrition of Green Beans, I knew they were a plant source of protein but they provide much more nutrition and health benefits. The humble Green Bean contains:
- High amounts of Antioxidants
- Vitamins C, K and A
- Manganese, Folate, Thiamine, Riboflavin, Iron, Magnesium and Potassium
- Helps regulate Blood Sugar
- Improves Heart Health
- Assists in maintaining Bone Density and Health
Here are some ideas to get more Green Beans into your diet:
- Add sliced to any soup, stew or even meat sauce
- Use in Stir Fry
- Blanch whole beans and toss in a salad with Cherry Tomatoes, Feta Cheese and a balsamic based dressing
- Fry with onions on the BBQ as a side dish
- Make your own frozen beans. Beans do not lose much of their nutrients when frozen however they require blanching before freezing or they turn to mush. We recommend blanching, then spacing them on baking paper on an oven tray and putting them in the freezer. Once frozen they can be transferred into a snap lock bag and kept in the freezer without turning into a solid green brick.