750g Organic Carrots.
All our carrots are harvested fresh and we remove the greens as they take nutrients away from the root once harvested. The greens are fed to our chickens.
Everyone is familiar with carrots. They can be eaten raw or cooked and are one of the most popular root vegetables on Earth.
Did you know that the original carrot was purple? It is rumoured that the orange carrots we know and love today originated in 17th Century Holland where growers bred orange varieties to gain favour of Dutch Royalty, orange being the colour of the royal family. This may or may not be true but it is a good story anyway 🙂
In terms of nutrition carrots contain:
- Vitamins A, C and K
- Thiamin, Niacin and Vitamin B6
- Beta Carotene, Lutein and Zeaxanthin
Carrots can provide the following health benefits and more:
- Protecting Eye Health
- Boosting Immune System with Antioxidants
- Decreasing Risk of Stokes and Heart Disease
- Protecting Against Cancers
- Maintaining Oral Health
- Boosting Skin Health and Wound Repair
- Protecting Brain Health and Improving Cognitive Function
There are no reviews yet.