Happy New Year
We had an excellent Christmas in Rainbow this year with all Evan’s siblings in attendance. The hot weather has provided some much needed downtime as we prepare to hit the ground running in 2023. We wish you a fun filled celebration on New Year’s Eve and a happy, creative and successful 2023.
This Week’s Available Produce and Supplements
Garlic 200g $10
OMG Eggs $7.50
Cherry Tomatoes 500g $10
Mixed Tomatoes 500g $10
Green Beans 500g $10
Zucchini 400g $5
Rainbow Chard $7.50
500g 750g $7.50 Coriander – $5
Gardenkraut 400g – $15
Bovine Collagen Powder $10
Reishi Mushroom Capsules $35
Turmeric Capsules $35
Beef Organ Capsules $55
Moringa Capsules $55
Sunshine Salve $100
Clean Sweep $10
Notes From The Garden
We have finally had some truly hot weather right in time for the beginning of Summer. Sweltering heat can slow down some plants and as a result this week we do not have any surplus Green Beans, our Bok Choi has all bolted and Spinach is now finished until after Summer. Our Garlic has finished curing and is now available in 200g bags. This week is a Leaf Week in the Lunar Calendar so we are transplanting Lettuce, Rainbow Chard, Bok Choi and Parsley as well as direct seeding Coriander. In the Nursery we are seeding trays of Lettuce, Basil and Bok Choi.
This week the Garden is providing Garlic, Tomatoes, Green Beans, Zucchini’s, Eggs, Rainbow Chard, Red Russian Kale, Carrots and Celery
Crops currently growing but not ready are Butterhead Lettuce, Bok Choi, Beetroots, Capsicums, Cucumbers, Corn, Coriander, Parsley and Basil.
Some of our products may be a little different to what customers are used to so we will be providing Product Profiles in our Weekly Post and in a dedicated page on our website. This will provide recipe ideas and nutritional information for all of the vegetables and products we offer.
Product Focus: Garlic
Most people are aware of Garlic however we feel it is vital that everyone understands the nutritional and healing powers of this amazing vegetable. Garlic is arguably the most important vegetable or herb to regularly include in your diet for a healthy, happy life.
There are thousands of studies verifying Garlic’s beneficial effects on our health and it has been proven to assist in the prevention and treatment of:
- Heart Disease
- High Blood Pressure
- Colds (corona viruses) and Infections,
- Hair Loss
- Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia
- Diabetes and much more.Nutritionally Garlic contains:
- Vitamin’s C, E, K, B6 & A
- Folate, Choline, Allicin (Sulphur),
- Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorous, Potassium, Sodium, Zinc, Copper, Manganese, Selenium and more.
Eating Organic Garlic is especially important as chemically raised garlic is typically sprayed with a poison post harvest to stop it from sprouting.
Cooking with Garlic is very easy so why not try some of these ideas:
- The base of any cooked meal usually consists of Onions, Carrot, Celery and shredded or chopped Garlic
- Whole cloves can be roasted creating a sweeter flavour to be used a side or dip
- Shredded garlic can be added to a salad dressing for a spicy, healthy kick
- Add shredded garlic to your preferred taste to mashed potatoes
- Infuse shredded garlic in olive oil
- Cut slits in a roast lamb or beef and insert whole cloves into the meat. The garlic will roast inside flavouring the meat and melting the garlic
- Make home made garlic bread
Order your Garlic today.
All items listed for $7.50 are discounted at 3 for $20 when paying with cash or cryptocurrency i.e. 1 x Rainbow Chard, 1 x Capsicum and 1 x Carrots = $20.
Please head to www.rainbowomg.com to finalise your orders by 5:00 am Friday morning. All Rainbow orders will be delivered from the new time of 1:00 pm Friday. For all clients who do not live in Rainbow, Local Pickup times can be arranged by contacting us.
We look forward to serving you,
Evan and Jill Young