Most people are familiar with Sauerkraut which is a traditional side dish made of fermented cabbage. However did you know that almost any vegetable can be fermented? Gardenkraut is our own take on the traditional recipe and is mostly made with Bok Choi rather than Cabbage and also contains Beetroots, Carrots, Ginger, Turmeric, Garlic and Himalayan Salt. All ingredients other than the salt are grown in our gardens.
Fermented Vegetables should be considered a superfood. The lacto-fermentation process transforms vegetables into a very potent Probiotic, providing the following health benefits:
- Reduced overall inflammation
- Improvement of digestive disorders like leaky gut syndrome, ulcerative colitis, IBS and pouchitis
- Improved immunity
- Better nutrient absorption
- Prevention and treatment of diarrhea
- Prevention and symptom reduction of food allergies, including lactose intolerance, milk protein allergy and others
- Improvement of high blood pressure
- Reduced risk of cancer
- Alleviation of arthritis inflammation
- Reduction of eczema symptoms
- Lowered cholesterol
- Protection against H. pylori infection
- Better immune response in HIV/AIDS patients
- Improved vaginal health and prevention of bacterial infections like UTIs and bacterial vaginosis
- Natural remedy for the liver/brain disease hepatic encephalopathy
Fermented vegetables should be kept refrigerated.
Ingredients: Bok Choi, Beetroots, Carrots, Celery, Ginger, Turmeric, Garlic and Himalayan Salt.